Thursday, June 21, 2012

Weeks 13-15

Week 13 - I went back to Dr. O this week for the babies' NT scan (checks for risks of down's and other chromosomal abnormalities). I almost started stripping down when the sonographer said this would be my first tummy ultrasound. I was way excited about this (I've had about 30 the other way, if you know what I mean). The babies looked great and of course, our little clown baby a was showing off. It was doing vogue poses for us. So cute! Right now, the way they're positioned it looks like they're sleeping in bunk beds. Baby b was sucking it's thumb, which I found amazing that they already knew to do that at just 13 weeks. They really really look like babies now and it just amazes me being able to see their ears, eyes, lips, nose, etc.

I've been under a lot of stress trying to balance work and being so sick. I feel like I'm going crazy sometimes. I was hospitalized this past weekend for severe hyperemesis. I could not stop vomiting for the life of me. Still not getting any relief from any of the meds I've been prescribed, nor any "natural" help. Some days it feels like this is never going to end. I spend a lot of time with the toilet and praying! I'm down about 14 pounds but Dr. O is not too worried since I gained a lot of weight from all the hormone treatments. She wants me to start putting on weight now that I'm in the 2nd trimester. I would if I could keep anything down!

Week 14 - I felt baby flutters for the first time this week! We had friends over for Memorial Day and it happened while we were sitting around talking. I wasn't sure if it was gas though :) Oh the things no one tells you about pregnancy. I've burped more in the past 10 weeks or so then I have my whole life (and that, my friends, is A LOT).

Week 15 - Nothing really new to report. My belly is finally getting baby bigger. I bought some maternity clothes to have on hand when I need them. I'm still nauseous and throwing up most of the day, every day. 


No comments:

Post a Comment