Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Weeks 29-32

Week 29 - This is my last week of work and since I'm on bed rest I've been working from home. I wasn't expecting to be out of work this early even though I needed it. The day after I was put on bed rest I was supposed to meet with the person who is filling in for me. That didn't work out so now I have a week to cram all the projects I was working on and prepare a transition document. I'm a little stressed about it. I'm also a little sad because the project I work on is deploying on October 1. I did all this work on it and now I won't get to see it through :( But, at the same time, I know this is what's best for the babies.

The babies have been really active. They are wild boys! Me and Lou love watching them roll around and poke body parts out of my tummy. It is so neat. As rough of a pregnancy this has been, I will miss feeling and seeing them move. How amazing!
Connor likes to curl up in a ball and contort my belly.
My super awesome friends (H & A) threw us a diaper shower this weekend. We are just overwhelmed by the love! We got a ton of diapers and some other cute items. I can't even begin to express how grateful we are - this will help us so much! Plus, they got Rudy's BBQ and Norma's cake balls. Uh, can we say heaven in my mouth!!! I need to stop procrastinating and get my pics uploaded.

The neighbors in our cul-de-sac also threw a little shower for us. Great food, sweet gifts, and good company! We are so incredibly lucky to have the relationship we have with our neighbors. It's not very often you hear this nowadays. I don't ever want to leave this street and I wish we could build on to our house so we never outgrow it - all because of our neighbors!

Izzy and Eva helping me in the boys' room. Look at all those gifts for our sweet boys!
I went back to Dr. O for a cervix check and I'm still 1 cm and 50% effaced, so no changes! I was so relieved. I will have to stay on bed rest till they come and there's a bigger possibility that they will come early, but I'm going to do everything I need to so they can stay cooking!

I also went to the high risk doc to check on the boys. Connor has flipped again and is now breech and facing inside. Hayden is head down and really, really low - like the ultrasound wand was just about as low on me as it could go. Dr. R even made the comment that I must be really uncomfortable. Why yes, yes I am... my lady bone feels like it's going to split in half! Hayden's head is measuring almost 3 weeks ahead but his body is measuring a week behind - he weighs 3 lbs. 2 oz. Dr. R was intrigued by his big head but didn't seem concerned. I don't know where he gets it from - neither one of us have big heads. Lou thinks it's because he made fun of his friend for having a big head for so many years. Hopefully his body catches up :) Connor on the other hand likes to be difficult and give us little worries here and there. His measurements were a little more proportionate and he is weighing 3 lbs. 1 oz. They are both right on track for growth now. Dr. R still has an issue with his umbilical cord so he's sending us to a pediatric cardiologist for an echo to make sure his heart is ok and that it's on the left side of the body (as I mentioned before, the only issue he could think of as to why the umbilical cord is going off in the wrong direction is because the heart is on the wrong side of the body). Also, there was an issue with the cord blood flow this time. I asked what it meant and he said that the placenta was not doing it's job, but he wasn't going to be too concerned because Connor's measurements are good. He just wants to keep an eye on it. Connor likes to keep us on his toes. By the end of the ultrasound I was not feeling well at all. Apparently I lost all color in my face and kinda went out of it. Being on my back is no longer an option for that long! It was a little scary. Thankfully, my Aunt Theresa was there with me and came to the rescue (nurse of the year!) because Dr. R just got up, said to lay on my side for a while,and then left. Thanks doc!

Week 30 - Me and Lou went to see the pedi cardiologist. He was very kind and informative. Thankfully, everything looked good with both babies hearts! I knew deep down everything would be ok, but what a relief to be reassured! So, we may just have to wait for Connor to be born to know for sure that there are no other effects from the umbilical cord issue.

Since I was put in bed rest all my plans to shop for the nursery decor went out the window. But, in sweeps Aunt Theresa to the rescue! She went shopping, brought over a bunch of cute items, we picked out what would work, and viola - nursery is almost complete! I can't say it enough and it shouldn't come as a surprise, but we are so incredibly blessed by our family and friends. So many people have really stepped up to help us out from throwing showers, to my in-laws installing the floors and feeding, my mom coming to cook, help with laundry, and cleaning, my dad painting and installing all sorts of "things" and Nina bringing over food and working on the boys' bedding. Thanks for all the messages and texts too, we are so appreciative!

I also a "friend" shower at Java Cakes (a super cute coffee/cupcake shop in La Porte) given by my sis, mom and T. It was such a fun shower despite feeling like a beached whale. I got to see friends I don't usually get to see and eat yummy cupcakes, what more could a preggo ask for?

Week 31 - This week has been pretty uneventful... until this weekend of course! One of my BFFs, T, married one of Lou's BFFs, A. They were both in our wedding, which is also when they fell for each other, so we were excited to be a part of their special day as well. I was a little worried that I would get bad news at my dr. appt on Friday and not be able to be a part of the pre-wedding and wedding festivities. Luckily, there were no changes and she gave me permission to participate as long as I laid/sat the entire time except to walk down the aisle. I was thrilled! It was a fun day with the girls getting all dolled up. Two of the 3 of us bridesmaids are pregnant so it was quite entertaining when it came time to get dressed. My feet and legs were swollen so poor A (also pregnant and a few weeks ahead of me) and B had to force my boots on because I couldn't bend over to force them on myself. It was quite the scene with poor pregnant A attempting to bend over to help me. I did end up blowing out the booby stitch on my dress later trying to pee (don't ask), but the girls held it together and no one saw any peep shows :) A and B really helped me out a lot that day and I am so thankful! The wedding was beautiful and we had a great time.

Week 32 - The days are rather long and lonely being on bed rest, so I don't have anything too exciting to write about. This week was my 28th birthday, but it sure didn't feel much like it. I was spoiled of course, but it was just different. I haven't been feeling very well and eating out is pretty much not an option anymore. I'm just too uncomfortable. Somehow I managed to make it through a quick dinner at Salt Grass courtesy of my momma and then eat ice cream cake at home. It was very low key, but I wouldn't change it for the world. Last year on my birthday I remember distinctly a conversation I had with Lou. I asked him if he thought I would ever get to celebrate my birthday as a mom. We were in a bad place at that time with fertility treatments, but despite all that, he said he was confident that it would happen and we would look back and remember the conversation and be even more thankful for our kids. Sometimes you just gotta keep the faith, and if you can't, hopefully there's someone there by your side who can keep it for you.

I went by myself to see Dr. R and check on the boys. Last time I almost passed out so I was nervous it would happen again. Sure enough, it happened again. He was impressed with the boys and said they were growing perfectly. They are 4 lbs 1 oz. and 4 lbs 2 oz. Hayden still has a big ol' head though. Poor guy. We did get a good picture of him though right as he was smiling. Dr. R said he was "so cute" - this is a big deal if you know Dr. R. They are both head down now so maybe a "natural" delivery is in the cards for me. I know Dr. O really doesn't want to because of the stress an induction puts on twins and all the other risk factors, but I really want to give it a try. We shall see... not too much longer!

32 Weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment